Wednesday

Link: 5 Greatest Things Accomplished While High


When I was in college in Boulder, I had a friend who was a year older than me and already wrapping up his PhD in Physics. He was also the biggest drug addict I knew at the time, which was super unfortunate. Beyond being a genius, he was also really sweet and had an insane sense of humor - which as we all know is most often not the case - and to be honest, if he wasn't always on oxycodone or fentanyl or some crazy drug they give patients in severe, severe pain, he might have been my boyfriend.

Once after a long night of partying, I had gotten out of bed (er the couch I was sleeping on) to get some water, and heard Seth in the hallway... In the house we were staying in, there was a set of stairs leading to the second floor, and immediately beneath it, a set of stairs leading to the basement. Seth, hearing me in the kitchen, stumbles in with a bottle of vodka in one hand to say goodnight and that he was going upstairs to bed. I say goodnight, he walks away, and within seconds there is a loud tumble and a muffled groan...

Thinking he had somehow fallen down the stairs from the second floor after walking up, I ran over to make sure he was alright, but didn't see anything or anyone. Hearing another moan, I look down the stairwell to my right leading to the basement, and see Seth, who would at 22 be getting a PhD in Physics from a reputable university, and who had been accepted into the post-doc program at Berkeley, lying covered in blood and vodka at the bottom of the stairwell.

Later on, he told me he had looked at the stairs leading down the basement and been so out of it he literally thought they were leading up to the second floor.

On that note, I present to you this hilarious article I read over on cracked.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment