Friday

Holiday Noms: Punkin Pie

* I know it doesn't look that good but my oh my it was yummy!!


I've been meaning to post since Thanksgiving! I have a bunch of awesome Holiday recipes and projects for you guys, so stay tuned.

First up, my Grandma's Pumpkin Pie recipe. Her maiden name was Alice Cooper, so I've renamed "Punkin Pie" in her honor ;)

PUNKIN' PIE:

Don't tell anyone, but my Gramma's Pumpkin Pie recipe is basically Libby's Pumpkin Pie recipe, straight from the back of the can - but I switched it up and used Organic ingredients 'cause that's how I roll.

Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:

1 (9 inch) unbaked whole wheat deep dish pie crust
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 (15 oz) can Whole Foods Organic 100% Pure Pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can Organic Evaporated Milk


Spices:
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 ground cloves

OR:

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix + 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 425 F
Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl.
Beat eggs lightly large bowl.
Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir evaporated milk.
Place empty pie shell on top of baking sheet before pouring in pie mixture.
- this is cruuuuccciiaallll unless you want a huge mess in your oven :)
Pour mix into pie shell.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Reduce temperature to 350 F; bake for 40 to 50 min or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
Serve immediately or refrigerate.

* Do not freeze as this will cause crust to separate from the filling.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving Calories: 283 | Total Fat: 12.1g | Cholesterol: 65mg



No comments:

Post a Comment