Wednesday

hard headed woman

Funnel of Love is easily one of my favorite songs of the late 50s. When i was 16, my sister worked at Epic Records and i had full access to the "cd room" - ie. i was given a free pass to take any cd's home with me that i liked. this had a huge influence on my musical taste - i remember grabbing a "sentimental sixties" two disc set and some random covers album that had been released in Germany that had covers of, "Mama Told Me Not To Come," "Boys of Summer," and of course "Funnel of Love."

Wanda Jackson has such a gnarly raspy voice, you have to love her. She sounds like a really productive crackhead. Don't hate me for saying that, its just what i feel. And yes, you may have noticed a trend, I think everyone is or has been on drugs.

This is a nice recording - albight not a live performance, i love the photos. She was a beautiful woman.


And...


And this one too..



No comments:

Post a Comment